I just recently learned that you can cook baked potatoes in the crock-pot. I thought this was really cool! Yahhh, one more thing that I can do as a time saver. How hard is it to throw a few potatoes in the morning and have them done by dinner! (Save the temptation to go out to eat and save some money!)
This is what you do:
Wash and prick with a fork enough potatoes that your crock-pot will hold.
We like to rub the skins of the potatoes with butter. Next, wrap with tin foil, and throw them in the crock pot for 8-10 hours on high.
In an effort to save more time, cut and cook any of the toppings you like to use, and store in air tight containers and keep in fridge until ready to use.
I have been keeping assorted veggies cut up and ready to use in containers for a couple of weeks now and it has really helped in meal time prep. ( This way I have things already to throw in a salad, things cut up for tacos, soups, pizza and snacks.)
Hope some of these time saving tips will help some of you!
12 years ago







2 comments:
we started baking our potatoes in the oven- but not wrapping them in tin foli- you wash them,poke holes,rub them in salt and then just put them on the rack- the salt pulls the moisture out making a really fluffy potatoe- and I think the salted skins are great- so I wonder who decided they had to be wrapped in tin folil in the first place??
I think that one of the purposes of the foil was to also soften the skins of the potato, I will have to try salting them.
Post a Comment