Friday, October 30, 2009

Making your food work twice as hard!


So last night was baked potatoes for dinner.  I can never resist baking twice as many as I need, as extra baked potatoes are always good for another meal!  Today, it happens to be homemade hashbrowns, (or my kids call them "ranch potatoes", because they love dipping them in ranch dressing, I know real healthy!)  I just cooked up some bacon, cut up leftover potatoes, added them to the cooked bacon, grease and all, peppered the mix and add scallions on top for flavor and color.  Other favorite add ins are anything you like, sausage, onions, mushrooms, cheese on top and with  scrambled eggs you can make breakfast burritos.  No one ever complains when they wake up to the smell of this, and I know this is not a "new" recipe.  Just simpley reminding others how easy it is to make your food work twice as hard!

1 comments:

Leah said...

Well of course, everything tastes better dipped in ranch, right? (even steak!)

On our Wedding Day!

On our Wedding Day!
We look so young!

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love
Kaiden and Carter