Suprise! I am actually posting an entry! There are just not enough hours in the day enough days in the week to nearly keep up with everything. It seems like I have been sick with one thing after another, and just trying to keep of with all the activities of my two older kids, and juggle work. I am sure all of you other moms can relate! So in an effort to make something good for my family to eat, that isn't too timely, and that would also smell good when everyone walked in the door. I go back to something I remmember my mom making when I was a child. It always hit the spot and I don't think there were ever any leftovers. (Kind of a twist on traditional meat loaf). They are also the right portion for kids. You can also make different variations! I made this sunday with baked potatoes, mixed veggies and rolls. It made a nice meal that my kids are asking for again this week!
Yummy Meatballs
2-3 lbs. hamburger fresh not frozen, (you can even use 1/2 ground turkey for something leaner)
1 egg
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1/4 oatmeal or bread crumbs
4 T. yoshida's oriental sauce or you can you worchestire sauce too, honestly I just dump a good amount in.
dash of pepper
dash of garlic salt
Now preheat oven to 400 degrees. My mom would use muffin pans, it is a good way to judge the size of the meaballs and they cook fast. (Remember that they will shrink in size because of the fat content in the meat.) Form your meatballs and pop them in the oven. After about 10-15 min. turn them over in the pan and bake for at leat 10 more min. Pull them out again and drizzle your favorite barbeque sauce or ketchup on top and put them back in the oven for just a few more min until sauce is bubbly around the meatball. I put them in a serving dish on the table with of course a little more sauce on them, what can I say we like sauce!
Other Options:
"Golden Treasure Meatballs," Put a cube of cheddar cheese in the center of the meatball for a nice suprize.
"Italian Meatballs," omit the yoshidas, and onion soup mix, and add itaian seasonings and a little spaghetti sauce dry seasoning to your mixture.
These would be great to make several at once and then freeze for later. Then when you were ready you could reheat them in the crockpot on low until heated through, and top with sauce of choice. ( I am bound to try this, and will keep you posted when I do!)
As always hopes this recipe is something that you will try and enjoy, let me know what you think!
12 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment