Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

So just like many others I have decided to join the ranks of mothers returning to school to get their education. I felt as though it was now or never! I talked to a counselor back in February to find out what I actually needed to have my Associates degree. (At the time I left school back in (95' I was short a 4 credit math class. Due to that fact that my oldest son was born 5 weeks early) So now I need to complete about 7 classes which translates into about 19 credits. Unfortunately its more than the original 4 credits needed but that's what happens when you don't finish on time, and wait to long to complete. (Classes do become obsolete!) I am really super excited at completing this! It means a lot to me to show my children that it can be done and that it is important so that may have a chance at a well paying career if needed. You can never learn to much!

Any of you other parents returning as well? Let me know how its working out for you? Any tips I should know? These are things I recently learned:

  • Testing is now done in a "Testing Center"
  • you must have student ID to test in the testing center
  • you can buy books off of e-bay for a fraction of the price, and still sell them back to the bookstore at the end of the term.
  • If you wait to long you may be the oldest in your class!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That's great amber! I'm proud of you- not the easiest thing to do, but worth it!

Riggs Rascals said...

I learned about Blackboard Vista and rebelmail is the way to keep up with your classes. My one class has all the powerpoints and study guides for class. I learned I need a laptop so I can hide from my children and go over the powerpoint and study guides! 9 p.m.-12 p.m. is leave me alone--no t.v. quiet time!!!!! (Oh yeah, and shut up or I will give you something to cry about!) :) :)

Amber said...

Thanks I appreciate everyones input! Rach, I couldn't agree with you more!

Amber said...

Thanks I appreciate everyones input! Rach, I couldn't agree with you more!

Leah Peeler said...

Amazon.com is probably cheaper than ebay (check the "new and used" section), and you can re-sell them on Amazon yourself, you'll make more money that way than you will selling them to the bookstore.

On our Wedding Day!

On our Wedding Day!
We look so young!

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love
Kaiden and Carter