Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer happenings so far.

I try to have the best of intentions when it comes to entertaining my kids. We tried going to the library, splash pad fishing etc! This past week we actually did all of the above in one day! We had a good time at the library got some books and DVD'S for the kids, and then headed off to one of the newer splash pads in town. We had only been at the splash pad for about 20 minutes when Carter managed a second degree friction burn on his bottom. I felt so bad! Moms beware! As he went down his swim trunks rode up, thus causing the burn. I didn't realize how bad it was until we got home. Later that night we got together with the Loveland family and tried to fish out at Baker Reservoir. Friend Chad caught a fish or two but that was about it. It was so hot and the little kids lost patience. We will try that again I am sure. Celebrating the fourth of July this year was just the usual dinner and then head over t0 the sun bowl for the country showdown and fireworks!

My kids are already tired of summer and have started counting down to when school starts up! (Approximately 34 days I think, and really I can't wait either.)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I found a really cute background for your blog- It's on thecutestblogontheblock.com, free backgrounds under food- It says "What's Cooking?"- check it out. It's a little tricky to change from your current layout to the ones on the cutest blog websight- I eventually figured it out but I had to redo a few things- you decide if it's worth it and call me if you want I could tell you what took me forever to figure out..

Amber said...

Thats so funny because I did see that one to just recently too. I will have to do that as soon as I get a chance to sit down for more than a few moments and change it! Thanks!

Cade+Sierra+Averlin said...

I love you amber! I miss you so much!!!

On our Wedding Day!

On our Wedding Day!
We look so young!

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love
Kaiden and Carter