I have recently started using my crock pot again due to the fact that 1) its been around 110 degrees outside the last week or so. 2) With working a couple days a week it is easier to throw something in the morning and have it done for dinner. 3) Always trying to save money... less likely to go and get little ceasers pizza if I have planned ahead.
So just to share somethings I have learned, you can use less expensive cuts of meat. Slow cooking it makes it very tender. It smells so good that everyone gets excited to eat. Less mess to clean up, only one pot. This makes the crock pot my favorite thing right now! I think I will get another! Here's what I tried yesterday.....
BEEF AND BROCCOLI
1 LB of Carne Asada
1 pkg frozen broccoli (I think I will do fresh broccoli next time it won't wilt as fast and I think the color will last.)
simply put in crock pot for appoximately 4 hours on low.
when meat is tender add your favorite sauce, we like Yoshidas from Costco.
We put this over rice, delish.
I would have taken a picture however it was eaten fast, and it wasn't even fast sunday! If your looking for more ideas like this I have enjoyed the 101 things to make in a crock pot cookbook.
12 years ago







3 comments:
The only thing I make in the crock pot is roast, i don't know what else to do with it but I love making roast in it because I hate cooking but love food! If I were rich the first thing I would do is hire a personal chef. Also for making beef with broccoli I recommend oyster sauce, it sounds gross but tastes really good!
I will have to try the oyster sauce. You can make so many easy things in the crock pot because it does the work for you!
Could I hire you to come cook for us?? When I have more money than I know what to do with that is exactly what I am doing- hiring a chef! It is 7 and I still have not cooked dinner for my poor family! This recipe sounds good but my kids hate broccoli!!!
Post a Comment